Why twice?

By Ilesa Borges Carvalho l Click here to see a quick slide show!

Why twice? Why not! How many times should you tell that someone that you want to be with them forever.

Jorge and I met a year ago. After two weeks he told me that he loved me, after two months we were living together, and after two more months we got married….The first time!

On the third day, of the third month, at thirty-three years old, I married Jorge Luis Borges in an old Victorian mansion on the water in New Jersey. The New York City skyline backlit the festivities. The ghost that is said to live in that house, by the neighbors, I believe is a wise, old soul who also happens to be a woman. She dolled herself up and was the perfect host. She offered us food, drinks, and decorated herself with red and white roses.

The second time we got married was in Washington, DC at a beautiful restaurant on the water for our very special family from Argentina. We danced until they kicked us out…of course barefoot by the end of the night. We said our I do’s and vowed that planning a wedding twice was enough.

Everyday when I wake up I am thankful for this beautiful man that came into my life.

How many times should you tell that someone that you want to be with them forever? Over and over again until death do you part.

Photography by QiProjects / Nestor Cristancho

Click on any picture to see the Complete Gallery for Ilesa & Jorge.

No comments: